Topic: Getting together after Khula which was taken without Husband's consent    (No-100602)

Q What is the view of respected muftis about the issue where a person's wife obtained the certificate of khula from the court without the consent of husband. Now after 1.5 years have passed, husband and wife want to live together. So do they need to perform Nikah, kindly guide in the light of Quran and Sunnah

aIt should be clear that Khula means that a woman demands divorce either by revoking her right of Mehr or by paying an amount agreed upon with husband. And the husband agrees to give divorce in return for that amount of money. Therefore in the situation mentioned in question, the act of taking khula from court without the consent of husband was not correct, in fact both continue to be husband and wife. There is no need to perform Nikah again unless a reason or act to break Nikah has been committed

Allah knows best
Darulifta Al Ikhlas, Karachi
Print Full Screen Views: 288

Find here answers of your daily concerns or questions about daily life according to Islam and Sharia. This category covers your asking about the category of Divorce

Copyright © AlIkhalsonline 2021. All right reserved.

Managed by: /